WAZOO - Ranger Bands Survival EDC|Mixed Set of 30
WHAT ARE “RANGER BANDS”?
Wazoo Ranger Bands are super strong, super durable EPDM rubber bands, which are well-known for being useful in camping, hiking and survival activities. Ranger Bands are said to have been first adopted by Army “Rangers”, hence the name. These simple bands have been widely embraced by the public, especially outdoorsmen, as an all around must-have device to join the ranks such as paracord, duct tape, and cable ties as smart survival tools.
Wazoo began making ranger bands for our paracord bracelets years ago to secure tools and provide additional fire starting fuel.
Using the standard method of cutting up inner tubes, we quickly outgrew this method and wanted to introduce better quality and consistency. We found a USA manufacturer to make them to our specifications out of EPDM, which is the toughest rubber available. EPDM resists cracking from heat, UV exposure and saltwater. After selling over 25,000 of the “Small” sized bands, we thought it was time to branch out.
We offer these tough Ranger Bands for your kits in 3 sizes, with the contents of the kit as below:
Small x 12 - 0.875” (Flat Length) x .563” (Wide) = Approximately .5” (Diameter)
Medium x 9 - 1.25” (Flat Length) x .875” (Wide) = Approximately .7” (Diameter)
Large x 9 - 2.5” (Flat Length) x 1” (Wide) = Approximately 1.5” (Diameter)
HOW DO I USE RANGER BANDS?
Ranger Band uses are only limited by the needs and ingenuity of the person possessing them. Like us, I’m sure you’ll find yourself putting them on every item you have laying around. Remember, each band can be cut thinner to multiply the quantity and uses.
You can use ranger bands for:
- Rubberized Grip (Knives, Flashlights, Bottle Caps, Handles, Knobs)
- Shock Absorber (Battery Chargers, Walkie Talkies, Bottles)
- Coiling Strap (Cables, Cords, Webbing, Tarps)
- Bundling Band (Tent Stakes, Camp Utensils, Keyring Tools)
- Attachment Band (Ferro Rod on Knife Sheaths, Tourniquets)
- Secure Closure (Altoids Style Tins, P-38/P-51 Can Opener, Lensatic Compasses)
- Outer Seal Gasket (Boxes, Cans, Bottles)
- Insulate from Heat or Cold (Little Pot-Holders in a Pinch)
- Tinder, Burns with an Intense Long Lasting Flame (Exceptional for Trying to Light Damp or Wet Kindling)
- Cut into odd shapes to accommodate custom applications/repairs